Day of Giving in Arcadia This Saturday
Give hope to neighbors in need. Participate in a day of giving on Saturday from 1:30-4:30 p.m. at the Denny’s parking lot (7 E. Huntington Drive, Arcadia, CA 91006) to help Foothill Unity Center collect healthy food for hungry children, families, struggling seniors, and disabled and unhoused individuals. The need is greater now more than ever with the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Whatto bring to the drive:
- Peanut butter or nut butters.
- Packaged can or pouch tuna/chicken.
- Canned soups. Pop-top canned itemspreferred.
- Granola bars or breakfast bars.Individually packed snacks like nuts, dried fruits, trail mix etc.
- Personal protective equipment like handsanitizers, gloves, masks.
- Pasta sauces (cans only, no glass).
- Packaged pasta.
- Bottled water.
- Beans, rice or dried grains.
- Place your donation in the trunk of yourcar.
- Do not donate anything in glasscontainers.
- Enter Wheeler Avenue at Santa Anita Avenueand follow instructions.
- Stay in your car when it is your turn.
- Open the trunk of your car.
- A volunteer will remove your donation.
- Masks required for all volunteersand those donating.
- Decorate your car. Show your school andcommunity spirit.
- First50 cars get “I love Downtown Arcadia” tote bag with goodies including a kidsmask donated by ES Interiors.
- Denny’swill be offering 20% off during the event.
- GokiCafé (214 N. First Ave., Arcadia, CA 91006) will be offering 25% off hot andiced drinks (blended drinks not included) from noon to 4:45 p.m. To preordercall (626) 348-8614 or send them a message on Instagram or Facebook with yourname, phone number, order and pickup time. They prefer preorders of four ormore items.
- WhiteSprings Cafe (18 N. First Ave., Arcadia, CA 91006) will be offering a “Day ofGiving Special Menu” from 1:30-7:30 p.m. The menu includes offerings like greencurry, pad thai, pad kra pao, garlic pepper chicken and tom yum mushroom. Formore information, call (626) 538-4078.
- CakeSisters (23 E. Huntington Drive, Arcadia, CA 91006) will be offering afour-pack of cupcakes (two chocolate- and two vanilla-flavored cupcakes) for$5. Cupcakes must be ordered one day in advance to be ready for pickup onSaturday. Call (626) 446-6903 to order.