Who says good food doesn’t come cheap?
The Michelin Guide Wednesday announced 45 restaurants across the state, including more than a dozen in the Southland, as recipients of its Bib Gourmand designation that recognizes good food at reasonable prices.
According to Michelin, eateries that receive the designation offer “a full menu of a starter, main course and dessert, making it possible to order two courses and a glass of wine or dessert for around $40 or less,” excluding tax and tip.
Here’s a list of Los Angeles-area eateries that made the grade:
- Bee Taqueria, Los Angeles;
- Chifa, Los Angeles;
- Colapasta, Santa Monica;
- Jiang Nan Spring, Alhambra
- Kazan, Beverly Hills
- Konbi, Los Angeles;
- La Azteca, Los Angeles;
- Luscious Dumplings, Monrovia;
- Tumbi, Santa Monica; and
- WoodSpoon, Los Angeles.
Orange County also had entries on the list:
- CHAAK Kitchen, Tustin;
- Fable & Spirit, Newport Beach;
- Heritage Barbecue, San Juan Capistrano;
- Khan Saab Desi Craft Kitchen, Fullerton;
- Oliver’s Osteria Mare e Monti, Laguna Beach; and
- Pho 79, Garden Grove.
A full list of Bib Gourmand selections will be available on the Michelin Guide smartphone app next Tuesday, when the guide’s Star selections will also be announced.