Universal Studios Hollywood unveiled its full lineup of attractions for this year’s Halloween Horror Nights Wednesday, including the return of the Terror Tram, featuring “The Ultimate Purge.”
R.I.P Tour tickets, which offer guests front-of-the-line access and other perks, and those for multi-night visits are now on sale for the annual event, which was canceled last year due to the coronavirus pandemic.
This year’s event runs on select nights from Sept. 9 through Oct. 31.
The park also announced Wednesday that “Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers,” will be joining the lineup of mazes, and detailed three “scare zones” to be spread throughout the park.
Guests will be required to wear face coverings when indoors at HHN, but Los Angeles County’s new health order requiring people to wear masks when attending outdoor “mega-events” of more than 10,000 people will not apply, park officials said Wednesday.
“The health and safety of our guests and Team Members is our top priority as we comply with all L.A. County Health guidelines, which currently requires face coverings worn within all indoor venues regardless of vaccination status,” a Universal Studios Hollywood spokesperson said.
The county’s order goes into effect at 11:59 p.m. Thursday, and applies to such events as open-air concerts, sporting events, parades, food festivals and car shows. It does not include theme parks.
- In addition to Terror Tram and “Halloween 4,” HHN’s full lineup of mazes is as follows: The Haunting of Hill House, based on Netflix’s critically acclaimed supernatural thriller.
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre, based on the hit film series and featuring a demented Leatherface and his unrelenting chainsaw.
- Universal Monsters: The Bride of Frankenstein Lives, inspired by Universal Pictures’ cinematic monsters with an all-original story.
- An all-new Exorcist maze based on the legendary 1973 film.
- The Curse of Pandora’s Box is an original concept maze inspired by the most fearsome creatures in Greek mythology.
- The Walking Dead, a fully immersive journey inspired by AMC’s popular television series.
- The following scare zones were also announced:
- Universal Monsters: Silver Scream Queenz, adjacent to the Bride of Frankenstein Lives maze, is the first all-female scare zone featuring the Bride of Frankenstein, Anck-Su-Namun The Mummy, Dracula’s Daughter and She-Wolf of London.
- Chainsaw Rangers is a diabolical gang of chainsaw wielding maniacs who strike upon those entering Halloween Horror Nights.
- New York Street becomes “Demon City,” where bloodthirsty demonic- looking clubgoers prowl the night looking for their next victims.
The award-winning hip hop dance crew Jabbawockeez will also return with nightly performances of its high-energy show featuring gravity-defying dance moves, elevated by special effects and pulse-pounding music.
Many of the park’s rides will also be available, including Jurassic World: The Ride, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, Flight of the Hippogriff, Revenge of The Mummy, Transformers: The Ride: 3D and The Simpsons Ride.
A variety of ticket packages are available, including the Ultimate Fear Pass (includes all 32 nights of the event) and the Frequent Fear Pass (up to 26 select nights).
Tickets are available at Hollywood.HalloweenHorrorNights.com, and those tickets purchased online provide guests early admission with entry beginning at 6 p.m. Advance purchase is recommended as event nights are expected to sell out.