fbpx Hey SoCal. Change is our intention. - LA Supervisors approve $80K reward for tips to find serial murderer
The Votes Are In!
2021 Readers' Choice is back, bigger and better than ever!
View Winners →
Subscribeto our newsletter to stay informed
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Home / Top Posts / LA Supervisors approve $80K reward for tips to find serial murderer

LA Supervisors approve $80K reward for tips to find serial murderer

by
share with

The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors Tuesday approved a reward of $80,000 in connection with three East Los Angeles homicides committed over a period of more than four years that investigators believe are related.

Supervisor Hilda Solis recommended the reward for information on whoever killed 33-year-old Jesus Avalos in 2014, 38-year-old Eduardo Robles in 2015, and Amanda Nicole Lopez, a 27-year-old mother to a then-4-year-old son, in 2018.

“The lives of Jesus `Jesse’ Avalos, Eduardo `Eddie’ Robles and Amanda Nicole Lopez were unjustly and senselessly taken by gun violence in East Los Angeles,” Solis said in a statement after the board approved the reward.

“While the county continues to make investments in community prevention strategies to address community trauma and violence, we are also counting on residents to help us bring accountability to the perpetrators of these heinous crimes,” she added.

Avalos was found shot to death in his black SUV at about 3:20 a.m. Feb. 11, 2014, at 4833 Telegraph Road by sheriff’s deputies responding to a report of shots fired.

Robles was gunned down after getting into a fight with two men in the driveway of an apartment complex at around 7:30 p.m. on July 6, 2015, at 4350 Eagle St.

The two men originally drove off in a light-colored compact car, but the driver then circled back and one of the men got out and fired on Robles, who died at the scene.

Lopez was shot while asleep in a tent at around 2:30 a.m. April 22, 2018, near the East L.A. Civic Center at 220 South Fetterly Ave.

Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Sgt. Marcelo Quintero told the Los Angeles Times around the time of the shooting that Lopez had been living in the tent.

“She was trying, but was still under the grips of substance abuse,” Quintero told the newspaper.

A sheriff’s lieutenant said investigators believed the attack was aimed at Lopez.

“We don’t believe it was random,” Lt. Rodney Moore told the Times in 2018. “We believe she was targeted.”

The link between the three homicides was not immediately clear. A spokeswoman for Solis referred reporters to homicide detectives.

Anyone with additional information was asked to call the Sheriff’s Homicide Bureau at 323-890-5500 or Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS (8477).

More from Top Posts