fbpx Hey SoCal. Change is our intention. - Drive-by shooting suspect at Long Beach Hooters pleads not guilty
Vote for your favorite business!
2021 Readers' Choice The voting period is open for 41 days (April 27, 2021 to June 7(extended), 2021)
Start voting →
Subscribeto our newsletter to stay informed
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Home / Top Posts / Long Beach Hooter’s parking lot shooting suspect pleads not guilty

Long Beach Hooter’s parking lot shooting suspect pleads not guilty

by
share with

A Wilmington man pleaded not guilty Tuesday to a drive-by shooting that left two adults and a teenage boy wounded in downtown Long Beach.

Jonathan Rodriquez-Zamora, 23, is charged with three counts of attempted murder in connection with the shooting, which occurred at about 7:30 p.m. June 26 outside the Hooters restaurant at Shoreline Drive and Aquarium Way.

Two men and a 13-year-old boy were wounded, Long Beach Police Chief Robert Luna told reporters at the scene.

The shots were fired from a vehicle and one bullet pierced the front door of the restaurant. One of the victims who had been shot ran inside the eatery for help, the police chief said.

Two teenagers were also arrested, but the status of any criminal case against them was not available.

Within minutes of the shooting, officers stopped a vehicle carrying the three suspects believed to have been involved in the shooting, according to police. A firearm was recovered from inside the vehicle and “there were multiple crime scenes located with evidence collected, as well as surveillance video from the area,” police said.

Authorities were investigating whether the shooting may have been gang-related, according to the police chief.

More from Top Posts